Mercy Link is the stationary, land-based division of Marine Reach Ministries. From full-time outreach centres volunteers impact surrounding communities and provide long-lasting sustainable programming for those in need.
Currently, Mercy Link has only one full time operating location that is run by permanent Marine Reach Ministries staff, however there is significant plans to expand to four more permanent land-based medical clinics in order to meet the ongoing healthcare of the poor communities we work with in developing nations. Additionally, we will develop education facilities and provide housing to poor communities. By working with local churches, non-governmental and community-based organizations, we can provide sustainable impact on these communities around the world.
To make God known to the poorer people of the Philippines through our hands and God’s heart.
To make God known by providing both spiritual and physical care to the poorer people of the Philippines. Mercy Link demonstrates the love and compassion of God by: providing free medical, dental and optical services, facilitating selected community development services, and encouraging visiting people/teams to experience God’s love for those living in poverty.
1. To bring the good news of Jesus Christ to the poor and needy people of the Philippines (currently focussed on the island, Mindoro)
2. To provide medical care to the disadvantaged people of the Philippines (currently focussed on the island, Mindoro)
3. To equip people in basic health care knowledge and skills where there is no doctor.
4. To improve the quality of life for individuals and communities.
5. To establish and maintain relevant Christian, medical and community development networks for mutual supports.
6. To care for and nurture Mercy Link staff and visitors.
7. To lead and manage Mercy Link operations (activities) to achieve it’s vision, mission and goals.
Mercy Link is responsible and accountable to Marine Reach Ministries (New Zealand), under the oversight of YWAM (Youth With A Mission). Guidance and strategic direction is provided through the Mercy Link Board of Trustees.
Board membership and office bearers are:
Chairman – Jesus Misa, International Co-Director of Marine Reach Ministries
President – Atanacio De Asis Panahon II, Professor of Economics
Secretary – Aurelio Samonte, Founder and Senior Pastor at Jesus Christian Ministry
Treasurer – Warren Curtis-Smith, National Director of Mercy Link Philippines
Members – To be advised
Mercy Link was established and incorporated as a non-stock, not for profit, non-governmental organization by the Securities and Exchange Commission on the 28th of May, 2001.
Mercy Link was based in Manila providing evangelism and medical outreach to the poor and needy of that region. In May, 2003, Mercy Link moved from Manila to Calapan, Oriental Mindoro. This move has enabled Mercy Link to reach the poor and needy of that island, which was not served well by medical missionaries.